History
Pearson Construction Company, Inc., headquartered in Benton Harbor, Michigan, began providing construction services in 1918 and since that time has evolved into a full service general contracting, design build and construction management firm. The founder of the company, Joel Pearson, emigrated from Sweden in 1914 and became the first of three generations to lead the company. Incorporated in 1931, the company grew into a nationally known firm handling many governmental, institutional, commer≠cial and industrial projects.
 
During the 1940ís, Pearson established additional offices in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. To keep pace with the ever-changing face of the construction industry and continue to provide the highest quality with personal service, Pearson has become a regional company focusing on the needs and demands of Southwest Michigan and Northern Indiana.
 
The creation of Pearson Engineering, Inc. in 1956, dba TERA Architects, Inc., has allowed Pearson to remain on the forefront of innovation and construction deliverables. Staffed with highly trained and experienced architects, engineers, and designers, TERA provides efficient, economical project design through both traditional and design build methods of project delivery.
 
Burton H. Pearson took leadership of Pearson in 1962, noted for his drive for success, grew the company and diversified the services offered to its customers. 1972, Pearson Equipment and Services Corporation was formed to provide construction equipment for the regionís building industry. It also provides the necessary skilled labor trades specializing in concrete, carpentry, masonry, and steel erection for the companyís projects. Pearsonís field operations are maintained and supervised by Pearson Equipment and Services Corporation, demonstrating Pearsonís commitment to schedule and budget control by using its own labor forces whenever feasible.
 
Long noted for their leadership in commercial, industrial, and institutional construction, Pearson continues to broaden their professional services to serve the industry needs of today and tomorrow. The company has been run by Burton H. Pearson II, since 1995 who has led the company into the 21st century, focusing on technology in every aspect of the company. In the ever changing construction industry, Pearson still operates on the solid foundation of principals that Joel Pearson adhered to in 1918:

Integrity - Quality - Fair Treatment.